East Meets West
Kreuzberg and Neukoelln
Food, street art, history and culture clash together
Discover the real side of Berlin in the vibrant + urban soul of Kreuzberg and Neukoelln. Unique is one way to describe the fascinating neighbourhoods. They have a charm like no other, sporting an alternative, chic, and hip-style while still holding deep roots from the days of grunge, punk and current vibrant techno scene. 'Kreuzkoelln' as the locals nickname the two suburbs are also the home to world-famous street murals and the largest Turkish community outside of Turkey. There is nothing you won't discover on this tour of south Berlin.
On this tour our intimate group led by our expert foodie guide will be taken off-the-beaten path and along the backstreets to discover the local food scene, the hip start-up movement of Europe and fascinating history of these two areas.
THE FOOD EXPERIENCE
Indulge in the districts local cuisine from:
- the 2017 award winning fusion-Fries creation
- Kreuzberg's famous Arabic Shawarma, Hummus, Halloumi, Falafel plate
- Grandmas mouth-watering homemade slice (we won't spoil it)
- Learn about Berlin beer history & the Reinheitsgebot
- Famous street beers at the ''Späti'' and taste 3rd wave craft beers
- Taste a unique Syrian dessert
- Dive into the popular Berlin street-food
- Unearth Berlin's hip barista culture
''Captivating, enthralling and utterly indulgent'' - Susan G, Toronto
LOCAL NEIGHBOURHOOD HISTORY
- Walk along the famous Eastside Gallery - the longest stretch of still standing Berlin Wall, covered in famous street art. It is the longest open air gallery in the world
- Discover the magical Oberbaum Bridge - Berlin's historical bridge connecting former East and West Berlin
- Hidden famous Street Art murals from BLU, JR, Victor Ash and more
- Memorial to victims of Nazi Germany
- Be enriched by ‘‘Little Istanbul‘‘
Feel like a local 'Berliner' - these districts move to a beat and have a heart and soul like no other!
THE NUTS & BLOTS
When and Where:
✦ Meeting Point: U Schlesisches Tor
✦ Start / Finish time: 11am - 300pm
What to bring:
✦ Comfortable walking shoes
✦ BVG transport daily ticket (we also sell them on tour)
✦ Rain jacket or poncho (weather dependent)
✦ An empty stomach and a big smile
Private Tours and Group Bookings – we cater for you!